We apply our 25+ years of hands-on field experience to help companies meet their ISO management system goals:
- Design and implement ISO management systems (see scope below)
- Prepare for successful ISO certification audits
- Provide ISO related training and education products and services
- Supply ISO system-related documents and other aids
- Quality management (general) – ISO 9000 / 9001
- Quality management (laboratory) – ISO 17025
- Environmental management – ISO 14001 / 14001;
- Health/safety management – ISO 45001 (formerly OHSAS 18001)
Independent consultants since 1995, we have served several hundred clients in a wide variety of fields.
- A hospice
- Automation systems design
- Automotive parts and subassemblies (Tiers 1, 2)
- Commodities brokers
- Defense industries
- Electric motor repair
- Equipment reconditioning
- Industrial cut-and-sew
- Metal extrusion
- Metal smelting
- Plastic molding and extrusion
- Printing (offset, web)
- Scrap recycling (metal, plastic, paper)
- Small manufacturers
- Social services
- Tool manufacture
- Warehouse distribution and fulfillment
- Many others
After a decade in middle management with several small manufacturers, Rob Kantner entered the quality management consulting field in 1987 (the same year ISO 9001 was introduced).
He worked for two prominent international consulting firms, primarily in quality management, before starting Kantner & Company (formerly 9000 Solutions Group) in 1995. Since then he has served several hundred organizations with ISO quality, environmental, and health/safety management programs, in North America and abroad.
Kantner authored several books on quality system implementation, including ISO 9000 Answer Book (Second Edition) and QS-9000 Answer Book, both published by John Wiley & Sons.
Kantner holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Eastern Michigan University and advanced degrees from the School of Hard Knocks. He is a graduate of numerous industry-related training courses. He is based in central Michigan.
- We are small. With Kantner & Company you deal directly with Rob Kantner, company founder and president. Whether you need a quick answer or help with a knotty ISO quality, environmental, or safety system problem, we're instantly there for you.
- Independent -- and proud of it. We are tied to no ISO certification body, no conglomerate. Our sole allegiance is to you, our client, and our sole aim is to give you the best help possible.
- Believers. We believe in the value of ISO quality, environmental, and safety systems management because we've seen it work! Well implemented ISO management systems improve quality, environmental, and safety results; make processes more efficient, thwart competition, and help firms meet customer needs better.
- Experienced. We have helped over 200 organizations implement ISO quality, environmental, and/or health/safety management systems. Been there and done it all, start to finish.
- Practical. Our approach is practical, pragmatic, down to earth. We focus on accomplishing the task on time, on plan, on budget.
- Full service. We provide it all: ISO system design, document writing, education services, ISO internal auditing, noncompliance resolution, ISO certification body selection guidance.
- Flexible. We task ourselves with learning your proven processes and adapting our approach so that you end with an ISO system that precisely fits how you work. And while we're with you, we do our best to work around your busy schedule, understanding that you have to keep operating your business even while ISO implementation is going on.
- Results-oriented. ISO certification / registration is an important milestone. . .but to us the optimal result is an ISO system that adds value to your organization.